BLOGS AND USER COMMENT AREAS
In order to post content on this website, users are required to provide a username and e-mail address. Neither the administrators of or the moderators of the website or the blogs, are responsible for the privacy practices of any user. Remember that all information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to share any of your personal information.
AGREEMENT TO RULES OF USER CONDUCT
You agree to abide by the following Rules of User Conduct:
By posting information in or otherwise using any blog, comment area, or other interactive service, that may be available to you on or through this website, you agree that you will not upload, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content that:
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, discriminatory, sexually oriented or tortious;
- infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- constitutes the selling or trading of any merchandise;
- constitutes the soliciting for advertisers/sponsors; conducting contests/raffles; displaying advertising/sponsorship art; promoting, soliciting or participating in chain letters or marketing/pyramid schemes;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party; or
- impersonates any person or entity.
You also agree that you will not harvest or collect information about the users or members of this website or use such information for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited bulk electronic e-mail or communications.
We generally do not pre-screen, monitor, or edit the content posted by users of the blogs, comment areas or other interactive services that may be available on or through this website. However, we have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, in our judgment, does not comply with the foregoing or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. We are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content.
USER'S GRANT OF LIMITED LICENSE
By posting or submitting content to this website, you:
- grant us and our parent, affiliates and licensees the right to use, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed, and promote the content in any form, anywhere and for any purpose without compensation; and
- warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content and that public posting and use of your content by us and our affiliates and licensees will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
All podcasts and other materials on the website are the property of www.thepsychologyfaculty.org. We prohibit what we deem "inappropriate use". Other websites are welcome to post our podcasts as long as it is clear they come from us. Nobody should sell our material, pass off our material as their own, or edit any part of our podcasts into their video or audio materials.
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on this site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing the following information:
- the signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the infringing activity.
- identification of the specific location on this website where the material that you claim is infringing is located.
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL www.thepsychologyfaculty.org BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OUR LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
We make no representation that materials on this website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of this website, with or without notice.